Last Updated on May 4, 2020
We’ve written before elsewhere about taking all types of razors on planes.
This post is specifically about the relevant electric razors carry on rules.
Let’s see what the transportation security administration has to say about electric shavers.
Electric Razor TSA Rules
The transportation security administration has the job of keeping passengers safe. To do this they stop people from taking dangerous items on planes such as weapons and flammable liquids.
Here is a screengrab from the TSA website:
You can bring an electric razor on a plane in either your carry-on luggage or your checked luggage.
Although an electric shaver has blades inside they are not large enough to concern the TSA.
Even a cordless electric shaver that will have a battery inside is permitted in both hand luggage and checked baggage.
So you can proceed to pack your electric razor where you want.
Keep in mind that the security officer may want to inspect your razor and they always have the right to refuse any item. It is the TSA officer at the security checkpoint that makes the final decision about is allowed on the plane.
It’s also worth remembering that checked luggage can sometimes be lost by the airlines. If you pack your electric shaver in checked luggage there is a chance it could go missing.
Or your luggage might reach the right place but valuable contents have been removed.
It is not unknown for items to be stolen from checked bags as happened to Jennifer:
Like other valuables, the best place to pack your electric razor is in your carry on luggage. That way you can keep an eye on it!
Also an electric razor (or anything vibrating) in checked luggage can set off alarm bells!
Other Shaving Related Handy Information
Electric razors add extra weight to your bag. A lighter option would be a disposable razor
- Disposable Razors are allowed in carry-on and checked luggage.
- Razers with disposable heads are permitted.
- Safety razors with removable blades are not permitted in carry on luggage the blade is too large. You can bring a safety razor but not the blade but what would be the point in that!
- Remember that shaving gel or shaving foam is a liquid and should be packed in your toiletries bag.
- If you moisturize after shaving that needs to go in the liquids bag too
Yes, you can bring an electric razor on a plane in your carry-on or checked luggage.
If it’s an expensive one it’s probably better to pack it in your hand luggage rather than checked just in case your bag gets lost or the shaver goes missing.
Did This Page Help You?
People Also Ask
- Can you take hair straighteners in hand luggage?
- Can you bring a beard trimmer on a plane?
- Can you bring hair clippers on a plane?